hmmmmmmmmm.......: oh my god, we were so young!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

oh my god, we were so young!

While digging in the photo album for the previous post, I came across many shocking reminders of my erstwhile youth and advancing age... including this one:



Take a good look, in case the now-famous personage in this trio threatens to sue me & I'm forced to take it down. (Trust me, even back then when we were all young & suicidal, he was gorgeous—this photo doesn't do him justice.)

But seriously folks, this is me at 22 and Loopy at 28...four months and a few days after we started going out, or more specifically, January 1994.

What were we thinking? Those people are obviously too young to get married!!!

And yet, look at those faces.... aw gee.

Guess I shouldn't be giving my niece such a hard time about her plan to buy a house with her boyfriend. She's already a couple years older than I was when I moved to New York with Loopy. *sigh*



P.S. I believe that this photo dates from the era when Loopy had started trying to break me of the habit of tilting my head in photos.

As I recall, I thought it made me look sweet and winsome. Loopy thought it made me look dippy. Perhaps that's all the same thing.

Anyway, in the photo album a lot of the photos from around this time have me (and others) exaggeratedly caricaturing the head-tilt. I believe here Joel & I are both doing so, which accounts for...well, many things actually.

3 comments:

Rebekah Ravenscroft-Scott said...

ah, but the glasses! these were the days of BIG glasses, how funny!

and, now everyone knows how old i actually am, thanks :)

love you

Ang said...

Memmmm-ries, light the corners of my mahhhhhnd....

Awesome. I love pictures of people wearing huge glasses.

birdfarm said...

What's really funny is that I think what Joel is wearing were, at the time, ultra-hip ultra-new "small" glasses.

Hee hee.