hmmmmmmmmm.......: apology

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

apology

I tend to think of this blog as a group email to some friends from college and some in Madison. I put some code in the template that's supposed to make it impossible to find via a search engine—how stupid to think that that would actually work.

None of this is adequate justification for my thoughtlessness in making a crude and thoughtless joke here at the expense of an old, dear friend, who (unexpectedly) saw it and was deeply hurt.

I feel terrible and know there's no way to remedy this situation. Of course I'll apologize directly to them but it might take a day or two to get their contact info; in the meantime I am posting this heartfelt apology here.

I do wish them nothing but joy and am sorry I marred their new happiness by making a stupid joke.

4 comments:

Ang said...

Try not to beat yourself up too much about it. You're human, after all. And in the time that I've known you, you've never been anything less than kind, generous, and open-hearted. So you goofed. We all do. I hope the offended parties forgive you; they should.

birdfarm said...

no, there's no excuse, it's just so stupid. I'm always so careful not to put any real names in. (see below where I talk about Carol's baby, took all the names out, like a smart person--even though I didn't say anything negative there). What the heck was I thinking?

birdfarm said...

I emailed an apology and the family very kindly forgave me. I learned my lesson!

shakha said...

YAY!!! I'm glad your apology went over! I kinda knew it would. I once told a really good friend that I hated his girlfriend (he asked me what I thought, honestly). He then told me he was giong to propose to her. And stopped talking to me. I never apologized (I'm a hot-head, and it felt like a set-up). But now he talks to me again. I no longer think his girlfriend sucks. But his wife does!!! HA HA! I made myself laugh!

Welcome to the new Loopy!!!