hmmmmmmmmm.......: ah, nature. enjoying it and/or killing it.

Monday, October 17, 2005

ah, nature. enjoying it and/or killing it.

The setting sun brilliantly illuminated all the yellow-green leaves around our house.

There is just nothing in the world to compare to the quality of light shining through leaves, at any season.

Now the sun is down and I can hear an owl hooting around the house. hoot hoot-hoot hoot. Getting ready to eat the mouses.

This morning we got a photo of a deer out by the hot tub.

Nature is just bustin' out all over.

I'll have to call my neighbor and tell him I saw a deer. He just called me yesterday to ask if he can hunt on our land again this year, and I told him sure, but I haven't seen many deer lately.

I don't know if anyone's ever actually shot a deer on our land, since I believe the protocol is to offer a hunk o meat to the owner of the land. The only two people we allow to hunt here (both neighbors) use a friggin' bow & arrow, so it wouldn't be too surprising if they've been standing in their tree stands or slinking through the underbrush for the last five years to no avail.

That's what I'll tell myself, anyway.



In other news, check out my "Flickr badge" in the left column. You can click on any of the little photos to go to its page. Or you can just stare at it as it does its weird little thing... I find it kinda mesmerizing, actually.

1 comment:

miriam said...

cool badge. very mezmerizing just as is. mmm. mezmerizing...

i may bit hitting you up for flickr advice. i have gotten a start, but i hear i can connect it to yahoo, and blah blah blah...and i gotta get one really going for miksang society stuff...

nice work!
miri