hmmmmmmmmm.......: crud

Sunday, October 09, 2005

crud

I like that word. Sort of a cross between "crap" and "thud." A good descriptor for my day today.

We've been doing housework on Sundays recently. This weekend I decided to start housework on Saturday so that (1) I'd have two days instead of just one and (2) I wouldn't have to spend Saturday dreading Sunday and (3) I might even finish early on Sunday & have time to play.

Somehow it all went wrong, not sure how. I just felt cruddy all day today. Maybe I'm coming down with something. Maybe it's the big ol' canker sore in my mouth--I get those sometimes and they are so &$#@#%ing painful!!!!! I don't know how people who live in constant pain stand it—I get incredibly glum and grumpy when I'm in pain. Plus I hate these things, not only am I in pain but I can't even eat!

Loopy took pity on me and made me a really delicious thick soup out of leeks, squash, potatoes, carrots and chicken broth. It's great & doesn't hurt my mouth. Well, not much. But I can only eat a little at a time, but by dinnertime I was so hungry, I spent hours eating a little at a time. It was depressing. I've been kind of in a daze all day. I don't know.

Maybe it's lack of exercise. Lack of discipline. Lack of meditation. Lack of something. Maybe it's just a mood. I know I had all kinds of smart things to say last week about discomfort and pain and blah blah blah. I have no idea what I was talking about and all I can say is, I hope I feel better in the morning.

On the plus side, we saw "Serenity" for the second time last night. I really like that movie! You may laugh, but one of my favorite things about it is how they talk. "I ain' had nothin' twixt my nethers in more'n'a year 'twarnt run on batteries." Samantha Jones meets 17th-century sailor.

The best thing about today was that Loopy was really sweet and took good care of me all day, and didn't get mad even when she was doing all the cleaning and I was wandering around in a daze. So now I can beat myself up with the accusation that I was just moping in order to be taken care of. As if that would be the worst crime of the century.

Kitchenfull of dishes, hot tub cleaned & refilled needs chemicals, blah blah blrug.

Crud.

2 comments:

nadine said...

As someone who gets canker sores, I sympathize. I recommend that you get stuff that numbs your mouth and use it frequently - there are many brands in the drugstore - orajel, anbesol, etc.

I tned to forget to reapply, and only realize I'm in pain again when I have to speak or eat when it really really hurts). It makes a huge difference to my well being and productivity.

Chris said...

i heartily second nadine's comment - i get the frelling things, too, and cold sores to boot, and they can make you insane. numb them out, i say!!

taking l-lysine when they first come up, and until they go away again, can also help.

being babied by lovers doens't hurt either. (-;