hmmmmmmmmm.......: like a big boob....no, like a big veiny boob

Thursday, October 20, 2005

like a big boob....no, like a big veiny boob

Loopy is having friends over this weekend and has been anxious to put new lighting fixtures in the kitchen prior to that, as the old ones no longer work at all. So there has been much sturm und drang about getting new lights, what kind, when, how, etc etc.

Yesterday we finally bought some lights. Today I thought I'd surprise Loopy by installing them while she was out.

The installation process was frustrating and tiresome.

A big portion of the frustration involved feeling around for a hole that I couldn't see, and trying to get a screw I also couldn't see, to go into it. It doesn't just sound like bad sex, it felt a lot like bad sex. Including the eventual aches and cramps in my shoulders.

The drywall crumbling into my eyes was just an added bonus.

Two hours later, I'm sitting here looking at one of them, installed.

My opinion of its appearance is summarized in the title of the post.

It wasn't possible to install it according to the instructions, so I improvised a bit. Thus I am also waiting for it to fall down and/or burst into flames/explode.

On top of all this, it is closer to the ceiling than the old one, which means that the hideous row of stenciled chili peppers that we've been meaning to paint over since we moved in, is much more prominent. So now I really have to paint.

I'm trying to feel optimistic about all this.

I'm sure it'll grow on me... like a big, veiny boob....

3 comments:

birdfarm said...

i dunno, i kinda like it. it looks more like a bad papier mache job to me. i bet with a white lightbulb in it instead of the pinkish one, it will cease to resemble a boob entirely :)

on a funnier note, my word verification says "safpuml" which is rather like how i feel today. i've been safpumled, sort of like pummeled but much softer/safer. ha.

oh, and it's sep here, not birdfarm as it says, i'm too lazy to sign out and sign back in again...

Franklin said...

I would like to express the sincere hope that a big, veiny boob will not grow on you. I would imagine dealing with two non-veiny boobs is quite enough trouble as it is.

goblinbox said...

Home improvement quite often ISN'T.