hmmmmmmmmm.......: god & the veiny boobs: the final chapter

Sunday, October 30, 2005

god & the veiny boobs: the final chapter

So when we last left the saga of the veiny boobs (read more here and here), the taste of triumph had turned to dust in my mouth when the newly installed fixture failed to light up:



The next day we arose early to keep cleaning and preparing for the party. When I came down to tell Loopy that I was done cleaning my office (must post some before & after photos of that!) we noticed that a miracle had occurred:



Now, in my family and in the religious organization/cult to which my parents used to belong, this would genuinely be considered a miracle.

It would be seen as definitive, concrete proof of the existence of a loving God who shows His infinite compassion and mercy by doing odd jobs around the house to make you feel better.

So what, I ask, would explain the fact that, shortly afterward, there was a “pop” and we beheld the following scene:



What does that prove? That God doesn’t exist? That God doesn’t interfere? Or that God is a sadistic f#%ker?

And... which of these theses is supported by the fact that our dishwasher stopped working just as we needed it to wash the first load of pots & pans from the party prep?

Now, one of my cousins, who is completely ‘round the bend on this stuff, would say that when we didn’t fall down on our knees and praise and thank God for making our light fixture work in the morning, He punished us by making the other one stop working. Then He trashed the dishwasher just to really make His point.

If that isn’t "sadistic f#%ker" in a nutshell, I don’t know what it is. Unless it’s "petulant, spiteful, petty, sadistic f#%ker."

(Come to think of it, maybe that’s where Bush & co get the idea that it’s okay to do stuff like ruining some guy’s wife’s career just because he didn’t toe the party line on invading Iraq. If that’s how God acts, it must be okay for the holy anointed president to act like that too.)

Good thing I don't believe in God. Or this would really be f#%king with my head.

No comments: