hmmmmmmmmm.......: needs, wants and desires

Monday, October 17, 2005

needs, wants and desires

Loopy posted about a game where you google "[your name] needs." I am horrified by her #3 and #4 and wish she hadn't put them up there; they give me the creeps.

Nonetheless, I had to get in on the fun.

My hits amuse me because my real name is a place name. So as it turns out:

  1. I need a moratorium on the death penalty.
  2. I need a state-wide organization devoted to biking.
  3. I need a home win tonight.
  4. I need to change spending, budgeting habits.
  5. I need to actively promote domestic and international trade, economic growth, fair competition, and increased profitability for the agriculture and forestry industry. [uh, no]
  6. I need Dawn Staley (I also apparently need Sean Connaughton).
  7. I need more lunatic farmers. [I do!]
  8. I need a constitutional ban to hold homosexual marriage at bay. [Aaaagh!]
  9. I need a leader with guts.

    I also apparently need land grant universities, industry, estate tax repeal, zoos, and a highly skilled work force.

    I had to go many pages before finding a reference that has nothing to do with the location whose name I share:

  10. Birdfarm needs to become an independent person, one whose self-image is not based on her parents’ perception of her, on her classmates, or on the reflected glory of her brother.

Thank goodness I don't have a brother.

3 comments:

Rebekah Ravenscroft-Scott said...

uh, i'm in for #3 :)

Chris said...

hmm, turns out "chris needs" is a person, so i just lotsa links to this person -- who, it seems, is a gardneer who is a personality of sorts on the bbc.

with christine i got the following (i like #7, the rest bore me):

1. Christine needs parents who will be able to be patient…

2. Christine needs your active support..

3. Christine needs help…

4. Christine needs to see her doctors at Mount Sinai Hospital..

5. Christine needs to know where her inventory is located at all times..

6. Christine now needs to find out whether or not Senta has any other indications of cancer - surrounding areas and/or lungs (NOTE – Senta is a Doberman)…

7. Christine needs something more than just fast sex and a roll in the hay...

8. Christine needs your involvement to succeed in reclaiming District 6…

birdfarm said...

#7 would do just fine though, on an otherwise dull afternoon...