hmmmmmmmmm.......

Friday, June 24, 2005

Mom's surgery went well: not only did she survive, but to our surprise, it even fixed the problem! We all thought it would be weeks of physical therapy before her fingers would function again, but there she was making a fist (for the first time in years), and gasping out (in her still-mostly-anesthetized state) "Look...at...my...hand!!!" So that was definitely good news.



Mom & I reading a book, apparently on Christmas morning (probably when I was four or five).


Oh, and this is a minor point in comparison, and one I've already made, but I always forget how really hot it is here. If you want to try to duplicate the effect, try blow-drying your face for half an hour.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Fantastic news! Yay!

Enjoy that heat. And I thought we had it bad here (92).

Franklin said...

Oh, what great news! Although now, of course, she might go around punching people. I know after years of not being able to make a fist I'd probably have a long backlog of folks to pop in the nose.