hmmmmmmmmm.......: i'm all better now, thanks, no more therapy needed

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

i'm all better now, thanks, no more therapy needed

Dr. Faustus wrote:

"Who are you and what have you done with birdfarm??"

Dr. Faustus,

I know, I'm worried as well. I've been strangely mellow and cheerful since Monday. It's quite freakish. I keep repeating to myself, "hey, everyone's selfish and lazy sometimes. Really it's quite normal, just human. I'm just ordinary, not a Terrible Person after all." It's ridiculous how simple this is and how happy it's making me.

For example, I went to FOUR stores today that sell chocolate, ranging from Target and Piggly Wiggly, which sell it cheap and in enormous quantities, to a hippie grocery store & a hippie pharmacy, which sell it dear and in fashionable flavors (like lavender chipotle fair trade sustainably harvested organic with manatee-safe almonds). And, I didn't feel the *slightest* obsessive urge to buy some and stuff it into my mouth guiltily (or to buy some "just in case" because what if I want chocolate and I don't have any in the house????????? Can you imagine the horror???).

I didn't really feel like chocolate today, thank you, maybe another time.

Call the deprogrammers.

No comments: