hmmmmmmmmm.......: wow, this is confusing

Sunday, April 17, 2005

wow, this is confusing

Now Mom wants to change the date of her surgery (it was going to be 5/18) and says we don't have to come for the neurologist appointment on 5/23. Frankly I think it would be better if she could be there for the neurologist appointment--that much is clear to me. She also noted that they were trying to do too much at once--chemo for a small cancer she had, change the financial arrangements, get her neck fixed, and figure out what's wrong with Dad. She noted she should be more rested and relaxed in order to heal properly from the neck surgery.

These are all good points. It sounds like a good plan, for them. But now I'm confused about what I should do.

I still have to go to Tucson on May 10, because we set up a financial thing for that day that should still happen. But then what?

It seems I never told her I wasn't going to Iran, and she is taking that trip into consideration. So now I could go. Maybe I will... My friend John who came with Loopy & me to Turkey said he might go with me, which would be very cool, because with a man in tow I could explore more independently, plus he likes all the same stuff (architecture etc) that I do. It would be *more* fun to go with Loopy, though--I think with just me & John, we might get sick of each other, but the three of us had such a great time in Turkey--it was a good balance. Hmmm. And all the trauma I had been anticipating for May, will be pushed back to later in the summer, so I wouldn't be shuffling around Cyrus the Great's tomb sniffling softly into the sleeve of my raincoat.

However, I also have to find a job, and Mom sounds like she wants me to stay with Dad for a couple weeks after her surgery. So if I'm doing that, and going to Iran too, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for job-hunting. Plus it means I shoulda gone to that job fair yesterday. Although that's not a big deal. And I didn't have a suit to wear for it anyway (the damn cleaners "lost" it, but that's a whole other story--I'm not worried; I'll get it back. Like the rest of Wisconsin, the dry cleaners are unprepared to deal with an ex-New York resident, whom I'm sure I can still summon up when I think how much I paid for those suits).

And then Loopy & I were planning an east-coast trip for August. Which--regardless of the rest of the summer--I'm not sure is smart unless I don't have a job, because if I do have a job, I should be in my new classroom making it ready. *sigh* I don't know what to do. Did I mention that already?

No comments: