hmmmmmmmmm.......: george lucas should be digested for a thousand years

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

george lucas should be digested for a thousand years

a conversation with Sylvia, one of my favorite people...
Disclaimer: I can't remember the comment I made that prompted Sylvia's first remark. It was a case of my misusing the preposition "in" when I should have said "among," but I'm not sure what the verb or object of the preposition were.....it's not important; what follows is the funny part, so please excuse the oddly rendered first sentence.


Sylvia: I think you would be better off [verb]ing among the [object] rather than [same verb]ing in the [same object].

me (laughing): I think you're probably right about that.

Sylvia: Otherwise it would be like that disgusting scene in Star Wars.

me: Which one?

Sylvia: You know, where Luke Skywalker is nearly frozen to death, and Han Solo cuts open the beast and puts Luke inside it to keep him warm.

me: Oh, yes, right. Ugh. I thought maybe you meant the one where they were going to be fed to the Sarlacc and digested in its stomach for a thousand years. Though I always wonder, how would you live a thousand years to be digested that long?

Sylvia: Maybe there's some miraculous preservative function, so that your life is being prolonged even as it is being digested.

me: Ok, but then what would you eat, all that time? Other things that were being digested? and if so, wouldn't something bigger than you eat YOU?

Sylvia: It is these little mysteries that make life worth living.*

me: So are you gonna go see the new Star Wars movie when it comes out?

Sylvia: I have not seen any of the new movies.

me: Wow! Good choice, good choice.

Sylvia: Sometime I may rent all three of them and watch them back to back in an orgy of masochism.

me: Ugh. No, no, that would be too painful.

Sylvia: Perhaps I would feel as though I were being digested for a thousand years.

me (laughing): At least that long.

Sylvia: Yes.

me: I'm going to put that on my blog.

Sylvia: Is your blog nothing but other people's words?

me: Yes. Pretty much. Other people are funnier than me.



*This is not exactly what she said, but it would have been dry and ironic like this, except probably funnier.

No comments: