hmmmmmmmmm.......: the one with all the screaming

Sunday, April 24, 2005

the one with all the screaming

we are watching TV. we are watching "The Velvet Goldmine." The first thing on the screen (this is hilarious, Loopy is keeping me updated on the movie by screaming from the other room, "A SPACESHIP!.... DUBLIN 1865!.... A BABY ON THE DOORSTEP!...." this is hilarious, oh wait, I already said that)("EIGHTEEN YEARS LATER!" screams Loopy)(I better hurry up)

Ahem, as I was saying... the first thing on the screen is,
Although the following is a work of fiction,
it should nonetheless be played
at maximum volume


So I turn up the volume, commenting as I do so, "I am nothing if not obedient."

Loopy snorts. "Hah." She has a point. Do I ever do anything anyone asks me to do? Not really, or if so, only much later than they might have hoped.

"Or maybe I'm just nothing," I say, smiling in what I hope is a winsome and appealing manner.

Loopy snorts again, differently, perhaps with a hint of a smile. "Hmph." She continues to knit. (clickety clickety)

Suddenly she starts to laugh. "I'm sorry, but this is too funny, I have to tell you—the only thing that came to mind was, 'Oinker.'"

"AAAAAAGH!" I scream, jumping up. "I HATE YOU!!!!"

Loopy starts to laugh harder. "I'm nothing if not...Oinker!"

"I'M PUTTING THAT ON MY BLOG, RIGHT NOW!" I scream as I leap out of bed, "AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!!!!!!"

The sound of Loopy laughing trailed me in here.

"You're missing the whole movie," she says petulantly from the other room.

"I'm coming," I say.

But that was five minutes ago.

I am nothing if not obedient. So that would be, nothing then.



I must say, the reappearance of Dr. Faustus and Franklin seems to be making me funnier, although perhaps only to myself. Either that or the decrease in my Adderall, which I am thinking was a bad idea, is making me lightheaded as well as stupid....

1 comment:

birdfarm said...

There was apparently some confusion among reader(s) about the meaning of "Oinker" here. There is no meaning other than the obvious (big fat pig). I took this hard as I have recently gained many dress sizes. (I don't have a scale on principle, but I know I've gone from a size 10/12 to a size 16/18).

On the plus side, (or plus size as the case may be) I can now wear my old New York suits to my job interviews.