hmmmmmmmmm.......: i love my mother, but she's definitely nuts

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

i love my mother, but she's definitely nuts

Exhibit A: A message to her personal tech support guy (how many people do you know with a personal tech support guy?)

I want to buy a laptop. The Sony & the Fujitsu looked good in Wall Street Journal, probably Sony best as it has the best battery although we will normally be plugged in to wall outlet. However YOUR OPINION most important. I also need to have the data base called "access" on this new laptop because I have a new job that requires that program plus a new employee who is trained in it. Better have Word (shorter learning curve for new guys) on the laptop rather than Linux if it can use my Comcast when the 2 computers are different basics. Damn.. that will need extra firewall etc. Oh well, what do you think is best? I can use both so chging from one to other no problem for me. It's the employees plus there are some programs & stuff that Linux only supports in a totally COUNTER-INTUITIVE WAY !!!!


I do love my Mom--more all the time, as we figure out how to manage this new phase of life where they are so old and I am taking care of them--but... I'm sorry, she's nuts.

I feel a slight twinge of guilt for mocking her so publicly, but when I remember that she used to xerox all the letters I sent from Japan when I was an exchange student, and send copies to about fifty different people (without my knowledge), so that it is still possible for me to meet new people for the first time and have them say, "It's great to meet you at last--your Mom sent us all your letters from Japan!" (this last happened with my Mom's dentist).... when I remember this I feel that I am well within my rights to post my mother's emails on my blog and laugh at them.

Of course, when you read her run-on sentence/paragraph, and then mine, in quick succession like that, it's not hard to see that insanity is definitely inherited.

No comments: