hmmmmmmmmm.......: the prodigal* chum**

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

the prodigal* chum**

Ame was recently in Chicago & found a dear old friend from college, whom we long ago nicknamed Franklin (this incidentally seems to be the name he's using on his blog, which made me happy for some reason)(and a highly entertaining blog it is--go take a peek, even if you don't know him, you'll enjoy it!). Anyway, I am ecstatic to be back in touch, but just when I finally get around to emailing him, it turns out he's just this morning sailed off on a boat for Amsterdam. Typical! I'll just have to wait til he gets back... in the meantime, check out what a hottie he is these days!

As opposed to the rest of us, or really I'll just speak for myself, who has gotten all saggy and wrinkly (but not less zitty—how is that even fair?). Hey, did you all realize we're almost forty???? Wow...... I mean, Loopy is already forty, but that didn't surprise me; it was easy to calculate at what point this would occur. The idea of myself being forty is much more surprising (though of course I could have calculated that as well...)

Anyway!!! I am digressing all over the place, but the whole point of this post is that I am just pleased as punch that Franklin has turned up, alive and cute and as hilariously funny as ever, in that same ol' uniquely dry way, though of course a bit more mellow and mature, which is also wonderful, and I can't wait to see him, whenever he gets back from Amsterdam.... as I said to him in my email, I have to get down to Chicago soon anyway, as I'm out of conditioner (at right) ....





*ever since I found out that "prodigal" doesn't mean "long-lost," officially, I've found it a bit confusing, but now that I am politically against linguistic snobbery, I'm happy to use it the way it's almost always been used in my hearing.
**and hey, doesn't "chum" also mean "dolphin food" or something? Hmmmm.... why yes, yes it does.

So perhaps I'm also calling Franklin "the extravagant fish bait".......
.......but it's unintentional; you know what I mean!

2 comments:

nadine said...

Oh wow. I love reconnections like this. Wish him well when you finally do reach him. I feel sorta one step removed from him like, perhaps, you do from some of the people you've come to know well in my life mostly through hearing about them from me. (Convoluted sentence, but y'know what I mean).

birdfarm said...

I think you just wished him well youself, since I sent him my blog address. And yes, I know what you mean. :)