hmmmmmmmmm.......: a weird and/or fucked-up century

Friday, June 11, 2004

a weird and/or fucked-up century

so, tomorrow I have to take a content test in social studies. I meant to study, but I guess I didn't. So I've spent the last hour and ahalf googling about, looking at timelines, trying to cram for at least the history portion, which after all is supposed to be my field (what the hell is the "Kansas and Nebraska Act"??)

I have learned that the Rules of War, cubism, and the electric washing machine were all introduced to the world in the same year (1907). Also that Gandhi's Salt March was in 1930 (a lot earlier than I realized) and that there were a whole bunch of conferences after World War II in which the fate of the world was decided (I knew about Bretton Woods and Yalta, but not Potsdam and Dumbarton Oaks). See, tests can drive learning.

But I still don't know what the Kansas and Nebraska Act is. But I'm going to bed anyway. It was on the practice test, so it won't be on the real test.Right?

No comments: