hmmmmmmmmm.......: SomethingFest & Cuban doctors

Sunday, June 06, 2004

SomethingFest & Cuban doctors

RadFest (which sometimes gets called "LibFest" in moments of annoyance) was okay. Not as good as last year, but the socializing is always fun. Betsy and Donna and I stayed up til two in the morning last night drinking and talking about Cuba (well, mostly they talked and I listened). Many of the stories involved Cuban doctors. For example: Donna was in Nicaragua (where she lived for many years) when a big hurricane hit, and Cuban and American doctors came to help in the aftermath; the American doctors were shocked that the Cuban doctors had never before seen malnutrition. Well, case closed as far as I'm concerned, sorry about the fucking soap. Although this sounds like a dreary conversation, it wasn't, and somehow there was lots of hysterical laughing.

I think my panel went well, so I was happy. Some very cool people complimented me on it so, I guess I already said this but, I was happy.

Well, gotta go to bed so I don't leave lovey all by herself! Damn it's hot all of a sudden!

No comments: