hmmmmmmmmm.......: wallie

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

wallie

Well, off to observe in "Wallie"'s classroom! I'm a bit nervous, but only a little, since I have two options that both look reasonably good, and I'm determined to make the best of it either way. Hopefully this semester will be less stressful.

Yesterday we went shopping and blew an enormous amount of money, some of it on very useful things, some of it on beer and candy. It's the American way.

In The Poisonwood Bible which I am re-reading while walking, this morning it said something about it being "the American way" to "demand perfection and revile the missed mark." I am trying not to demand perfection of myself, and to look at teaching as something I decided to do to make my life interesting and meaningful--instead of looking at it as a way to redeem my sinful soul by saving unfortunate children--since the latter perspective appears to guarantee misery all around. Good luck to me!

No comments: