hmmmmmmmmm.......: ultimate girlie road trip

Monday, May 23, 2005

ultimate girlie road trip

Tomorrow I'll post more about the happy reunion with dear Franklin. For now I will confine myself to illustrating the title of the post (which comes from an observation made by Frank, in wittier words I'm sure, but I'm a bit brain dead just now).

In the proud tradition established by the San Francisco trip, we sang songs in the car, ate ourselves sick (on lasagna, nine-storied pagoda chicken, lingonberry pancakes, cosmopolitan-flavored chocolates, and sweet-potato-tempura sushi, among other things), and bought the following items:

LUSH bath bombs....


Vosges chocolates...


Sex toys...


Yarn!!!


....and patterns too...


I might be lucky enough to this sweater, someday--that is, if (1) I can make up my mind about the color and (2) Loopy doesn't kill me over the purple cardigan!


and a dress for Mike & Danielle's wedding.

(Jones New York--from the clearance rack!!)(not this exact one, but sorta similar.)
It has several panels in the front with seams between, including one seam that goes straight down the middle of the front. It looks weird at first, and Loopy & Frank didn't think I should get it, but it fits and is comfy and pretty, so I got it anyway. I just posted here so Loopy wouldn't be *too* embarrassed to be seen with me in it.

Spanish phrase-a-day calendar phrase for the weekend:

Estas satisfecho?

Si. Estoy muy, muy satisfecho (satisfecha?).

(more because of the reunion than the shopping, but more on that later)

No comments: