hmmmmmmmmm.......: change to template...

Saturday, May 14, 2005

change to template...

I made a minor change to my template & can't decide if I like it or not.

I used to have just one link to the comments page, but then I realized that if you want to post a comment, this just becomes a detour. So I now have a link to the comments page *and* a link to post a comment. It seems a little cluttered now, especially with the background color, but I like it in theory because it makes navigation easier.

Your feedback welcome.

I also made a grammar change, dedicated to the fastidious Dr. Faustus: I changed "comments" to "comment(s)," to avoid the potentially disconcerting appearance of "1 comments."

To differentiate the function of this link from the "post a comment" link, I also added a verb. I settled on "see x comment(s)" rather than "read x comment(s)," on the basis of an assumption that one can see zero comments (i.e., see that there are no comments), but one cannot read them if they do not exist.

Does this post represent a turning point, where my blog will revert from its brief foray into the heights and depths of human relationships and existential contemplation to the sort of meaningless piffle heretofore largely occupying these pages?

Only time will tell.

No comments: