hmmmmmmmmm.......: you'll know me by the revolutionary fervor in my eyes

Sunday, July 25, 2004

you'll know me by the revolutionary fervor in my eyes

I have never met the guy who will pick me up at the airport tomorrow in Atlanta, so he describes himself for me in these charming words:
My car is a small "cappucino" colored Nissan and I'm a guy with white bear and glasses.

I tried to share this entertaining typo with my Mom (since I felt I should explain why I was laughing out loud), but she very seriously tried to convince me that it was quite likely that he was, indeed, bringing a white bear--the way people in earlier times might wear a red carnation to identify themselves. Uh, yeah.

Also, the name of the guy (also unknown to me) where I will be staying is James Jones. Say, why don't any of your friends call you "Jim"?

Don't worry, friends, fans and associates, I will be careful not to drink any kool-aid. It will be much, much harder, nay, well-nigh impossible, over the course of the six days I'll be staying there,* to avoid making any jokes about drinking kool-aid. But I must be strong.

These are the types of sacrifices that are required of us brave revolutionaries.



*I'm just a tad nervous about staying so long with a stranger, who might turn out to be boring, loud, creepy, dirty, or have a white bear, but I can always use my back as an excuse if I need to escape to a hotel.

4 comments:

Rebekah Ravenscroft-Scott said...

i absolutely forbid you to get in the car with a bear! are you out of your mind?!

aaaaackkkk!!! i can't stand the thought of it!!!


:( :( :(

birdfarm said...

If it's just a beard, will that be ok? As long as it's attached to his chin in a relatively normal manner, and not riding in the passenger seat like Cousin It?

Ang said...

Instead of Jim Jones, you can just imagine he's James Earl Jones, Tony Award-winnning actor, voice of CNN and Darth Vader, and all-around good guy.

birdfarm said...

Heyyyyy.... I bet that's why James Earl Jones uses his middle name....

Well, if the urge to make kool-aid jokes gets too strong, I can always make Darth Vader jokes. It's probably rarer and will come as a refreshing change of pace for him.