hmmmmmmmmm.......: if you drop out of grad school...

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

if you drop out of grad school...

...(which I did myself some years ago; I highly recommend it)...this looks like a fun way to spend the next year or so: build yourself a Cob House! For free, apparently! (I think you would need some land tho, I don't think they'd let you do it in James Madison Park...but the building materials are free)

See, you get to stomp around in the mud...



And then you have a beautiful, ecological, non-toxic, durable home in any shape you want!






The top one's in Devon, England, inhabited from 1539 (see what I mean about durable?)
The bottom one, I'm guessing was built just a tad more recently. I think it's in Canada.

Cool!

Read all about it here...
and check out the photos here and
here.

Loopy found this while she was procrastinating. Now it's time for Tuna Helper! Yippeee!

1 comment:

birdfarm said...

hey, that sounds cool! although it also sounds like you would build a store where you would knit cobs. less work than stomping them, maybe. i admit to tossing the willy st reader. maybe next time i shouldn't.

thanks for reading, knit witty girl. :-)