hmmmmmmmmm.......: pronoun problems

Monday, October 30, 2006

pronoun problems

It has been bothering me that I have been having pronoun trouble lately, especially since we checked into the hospital Friday night (and that's not really a misuse of the pronoun, since I've been sleeping there too--not tonight tho, the foldy bed is surprisngly comfortable but I've gotta sleep in a real bed!).

In trying to talk to the nurses about what's up with Loopy I keep saying "we" all the time when "she" would be more accurate. ("We went to the doctor," "We had an MRI," etc.) I've been worrying that it's a sign of mental unhealthiness--poor boundaries or codependence or something.

Well, I feel much better now that Loopy has recorded the following in her blog: "it's only been four days since we even knew we had a tumor." I don't think I've ever gone so far as to claim any part of the actual tumor, so I feel that she has herewith taken the cake in the prounoun-confusion department, and I don't need to worry about it anymore.

No comments: