hmmmmmmmmm.......: victory dance!!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

victory dance!!

I did some work! Yay me!

Yesterday I took a "to-do list" to therapy and we agreed that I would try to start working again (I gave up a while back, it was just not happening). So today I did, and I did it! I finished the first thing on the list! Sat down around 3pm, done at 6:45. Yippee!!!

It was uncomfortable, it was difficult, it was unpleasant, but finally, finally, the desire to just be done with it and get on with my life is stronger than the desire to give up and run away.

My only concern is—will I have to fuck up my life this badly before accomplishing anything in the future? Or will I actually be able to start doing things differently?

Only time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm off to eat some celebratory swedish meatballs.

I wanted to post a "victory dance" image but I'm too lazy. (Search "victory dance" in google images for a laugh, though—lots of cute & funny images of happy people).

I do have a photo, somewhere, of me doing the "broccoli dance" in my pajamas (in which I imitate a broccoli, or what broccoli might look like if it could dance) but if you think I'm gonna show it to you, you're flat out of your minds.

Unlike me. I'm totally sane.

Hee hee!

7 comments:

goblinbox said...

Far out. Glad you're feeling better enough to get shit done.

*hug*

birdfarm said...

thanks for your support! feels good! :-)

Franklin said...

Yes, I'm out of my mind, but that's not news, so post the picture. Pleeeeez, girl, I done already seen you do weirder things.

And congratulations ;-)

birdfarm said...

ok, here's the deal: I'll post the broccoli dance if I can also post a photo of you, Franklin, vamping along to the song "if I can't sell it, I'll just sit down on it, before I'll give it away." At Peter Mabardi's house in 1991. Remember?

Hmm. Maybe.

I should never have mentioned the broccoli dance. All that joy just clouded my thinking.

Franklin said...

Bring it on, girl. Bring it on.

nadine said...

Yay! Well done!

miriam said...

um i so want to see the brocolli dance. c'mon...