hmmmmmmmmm.......: assorted dialogues

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

assorted dialogues

10:07 pm


Guy: Good evening, Associated Alarm Company, can I help you?

Me: Yes, I have a false alarm? But I can't seem to turn it off.

Guy: Mgfghfbgbgfgh? (I can't hear him over the wailing alarm plus all three dogs barking like crazy right next to me)

Me: I'm sorry, what?

Guy: (Again I can't hear him)

Me: Excuse me a second--(to dogs) SHUT UP!!!! (no effect) I'm sorry, can you repeat that?

(etc. etc.)





10:18 pm


Me: Loooooooooopyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I'm in hell.... the alarm went off and I can't turn it off and the dogs are barking and barking.... okay.... well.... call me later (click)




10:22 pm


Me: Hi Loopy, everything's okay now, I went up and turned it off in the bedroom, don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Okay, well, call me tomorrow, love you... (click)





10:27 pm


Another guy: Hi, this is Dave from Associated Alarm?

Me: Oh, god, I'm so sorry I paged you so many times.

Dave: Yeah.

Me: I'm really sorry, the alarm was going off and I couldn't turn it off, but I finally fixed it.

Dave: Sweet. Ehhhhhhxcellent. (very relieved that he doesn't have to go out on a service call on a cold night)

Me: I'm sorry, it was going off for like fifteen minutes and I was just, like, totally freaking out.

Dave: Yes. So I see.

Me: Yeah, uh, sorry. Okay, well, thanks anyway.

Dave: Okay.

3 comments:

goblinbox said...

W. T. F.

An episode like that would drive me to drink.

About six bloody marys. IN A ROW.

birdfarm said...

I just got online for a while, my addiction of choice.

I should add, when he said "I can see that," at first I thought he was being sympathetic--"Yes, I can see how that would be upsetting." Then I realized he was sarcastically referring to me paging him repeatedly. Maybe I'll edit accordingly... change it to "So I see." Which has that sardonic tone. Yes, yes I will. So now this comment will make no sense. Oh well.

Rebekah Ravenscroft-Scott said...

the best part was when the dogs were swirling around your feet saying, "mom, turn off the alarm!" "MOM, can't you hear the alarm's going off?" "mom, TURN IT OFF!" "mom, please!" "MOM, mom, mom, mom, mom" "alarm, alarm, alarm, alarm, ALARM!"

at least that's what I think they were saying...