hmmmmmmmmm.......: cute overload comments...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

cute overload comments...

Yes, I realize my blog has lately been a disappointing pastiche of links and other borrowed content. I also realize I owe you a birthday post part 2. Apologies on both counts, because this post just continues to be a link and a non-birthday-2-post.

However, I think it's worth it. Really. It's even better than the artificial islands shaped like gigantic palm trees (in case you didn't click on that last link).

I don't know why I haven't sent you all to Cute Overload yet, because it's one of my favorite time-wasters.
"At Cute Overload®, we scour the Web for only the finest in Cute Imagery™. Imagery that is Worth Your Internet Browsing Time. We offer an overwhelming amount of cuteness to fill your daily visual allowance. Drink it in!"

Indeed.

Anyway, I was just going to note that Cute Overload visitors shouldn't miss the comments on the photos, which are often really funny. In addition to all the commenters who state that their heads have exploded from cuteness or that they want to eat up the animal in the picture, here are my two all-time favorite comments...

In the comments on this picture, we find the following gem:

This is to inform the owner of _Cute Overload_ that he/she now owes me the sum of approximately $120,000.00, or the total debt I have incurred within 4 years of medical school. Since I was all set to graduate in May 2006, but now will never do so as a result of coming across your blog today, I think it only fair for you to reimburse me the amount it has cost me to ALMOST earn this degree.
Posted by: Haniel | Feb 19, 2006 at 01:45 PM

Haniel!
The request is completely reasonable, I understand. The check is on the way.
XO,
Meg
Posted by: Meg | Feb 19, 2006 at 02:15 PM


And, in the comments on this photo, a total non-sequitur celebrity trivia item is followed by a great response...

This is far and away the cutest thing I have ever seen. It's actually crippling my brain and I can't look at it anymore.
Posted by: Bill | Dec 22, 2005 at 12:19 AM

Jonathon Taylor Thomas is gay.
Posted by: Lafanda | Dec 22, 2005 at 12:29 AM

That's so cute, that just turned me gay.
Posted by: Jon | Dec 22, 2005 at 01:15 AM


Hee hee.....

And if you've never visited Cute Overload before, make sure you check out the "world peace hamster"—pretty much the best pic on the site—and so named because the blog author asserts that, if this image were shown to "all World Leaders," then "the ooh's and aah's (in their respective native languages) should lead to world peace instantly." She adds, "The image may also cure cancer if used properly."

Hmmmm.... I think it's time for bed....

No comments: