hmmmmmmmmm.......: several feelings later...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

several feelings later...

So, Dad's surgery went fine. There really wasn't any worry about the surgery, actually. What I was dreading was the sitting in the hospital for hours.

You know, to reassure him when he doesn't understand what's going on, and fix his pillows and give him water and stop him from taking his oxygen tube off and get the nurse to help him pee in a bottle....

...all those hospitally activities that simultaneously produce boredom and anxiety, my least favorite combo.

So..........I read a couple more chapters of Finding Serenity (the book about Firefly that Loopy gave me for xmas, bless her a thousand times).

I also read a couple chapters of some Thich Nhat Hanh book but I couldn't get into it.

Played both the games on my old iPod.

Read some newspapers lying around.

(Now what time is it? Jesus, only ten minutes since the last time I looked at the clock?).

You get the picture.

I heard once that Freud said boredom is anxiety. I have no idea what he's talking about.

Well, it's over with for today & he's coming home tomorrow (Dad, not Freud). And I'm going home on Wednesday. Not a moment too soon. *sigh* I foresee a lot more of this in the future.

Oh well. That's life.

2 comments:

goblinbox said...

Ach, sorry about your hospital time. Ugh.

*hug, pat, pat, hug*

miriam said...

freud is not the only one who said boredom is anxiety, you know. i believe that one also belongs to chogyam trungpa rinpoche, in buddhist form. ah dear. nice handling. god bless humor.