hmmmmmmmmm.......: mary mary quite contrary

Monday, June 22, 2009

mary mary quite contrary

my garden is doing splendidly, thank you! people complain about the weather and i do sympathize, but holy fuck it has been FANTASTIC garden weather.

two days of rain, a day of hot sun. repeat. for a month. i love it.

nine days agotoday


me: OH! AND! guess what else!

you: WHAT!!?!?*

me: snapdragons and another flower i can't name have also resurfaced from last year, even though they were supposed to be annuals and even though that sometimes happens it's not sposed to happen in containers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you: WOW!!!! that's SO COOL!!!!!*

me: I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!

my right-brain, with all its certainty - "those are NOT weeds, do NOT pull them" - is smug about this victory over the pseudo-rational, neurotic left brain - "but are you sure? but are you sure? but are you sure?"

sun shining. beautiful day.



*i know, i have to supply your side of the dialogue - it's ok

No comments: