hmmmmmmmmm.......: cuz you can never have too much glitter

Monday, June 29, 2009

cuz you can never have too much glitter

Went to the pride parade today... ended up covered with glitter and happy. Loopy didn't want to go - she hates crowds and heat and sun, which pretty much covers any parade. So for once, instead of any compromise involving either a disgruntled me at home or a disgruntled Loopy at the parade, we did what was most likely to make us happy: Loopy stayed home and I went by myself.

I walked 1.7 miles (happy tipsy glittery exercise!) through the crowd - loved looking at the crowd, couldn't care much less about the floats - ate a coconut paleta, had a sangria, bottled water, and caught two strings of gorgeous purple beads. Like I said. Happy.

Then I went to see Away We Go, which, similarly, Loopy did not want to do. The first 2/3 were very funny. The last 1/3, where they're supposed to be making profound human insights/connections, was painfully stilted and stupid.

To finish up the night, I was just bringing the dog inside when I saw - could it - yes! I saw my first fireflies of the season. They always seem so fragile in the city, little lights against the mammoth glare, but they endure so it must not be too bad for them here... they always give me tremendous joy...

love to all from a glittery city :-)

No comments: