hmmmmmmmmm.......: "shut up and line up!"

Thursday, June 04, 2009

"shut up and line up!"

Five of my six classes are still bearable. Some humor, some affection, some order, still remain after all this time.

The one that is totally out-of-their-minds impossible is my friggin homeroom.



They run around the room. The boys tackle and hit each other; the girls giggle and even shriek with laughter.

They change seats. They won't work. They won't shut up.

In general, they dramatically and flamboyantly flout my instructions.

Much of the time I roll my eyes at them and do some grading. Sometimes (in the name of total and utter inconsistency, which as we all know, is the way to make sure that dogs and children pay no attention to anything you say) I really get pissed and I call a bunch of parents, which I did this afternoon. Nine or ten of them I think. Several girls ran out of the room crying.

Ah, the little darlings.

No comments: