hmmmmmmmmm.......: "As god is my witness, I will never be hungry again!"

Friday, August 13, 2004

"As god is my witness, I will never be hungry again!"

'Ugh, I'm sooo full I think I'm gonna yark!" ((= Ang-speak for "puke"). Yup, another day of stuffing our faces has come to a satiated conclusion. "Loopy, gimme a big kiss" "okay but don't press on my tummy!" The title of this post comes from a moment earlier this evening when, over our six-course "tasting menu" (prix fixe) dinner, one of us said, "god, I don't think I'm ever going to be hungry again," and the other two replied almost in unison with that quote from Scarlett O. Personally I believe I attained Nirvana during dessert, which was orange-flavored flan, goat cheese & pear tartlet, AND mexican hot chocolate ("Note to self," Loopy commented, "three desserts are better than one.")

Lunch was faboo dim sum (the kind that comes around on carts and you point to what you want) at a place called "Yank Sing" (while trying to remember the name Ang called it "something like 'Gringo,' only not that"). (I hafta say I think the name is perfect revenge for places with names like "Chinky Chonky"--which is in London, I kid you not)(Although it turns out that "Yank Sing" is actually a real place name of a city in China).

Tto pass the time in the afternoon while waiting to be hungry again, we went to the Asian Art Museum and made fun of the art as well as our fellow patrons.

the urgency with which I am desperately trying to avoid thinking about my fall student teaching (for which I'm woefully unprepared--aaaaaak!!!!), together with Ang's anxiety about her prelim (apparently she's the onliest person who hasn't heard her results yet!! yiks!), are the only sour notes. And we just won't think about that, wil we? More braised squab, anyone?

1 comment:

Chris said...

TEACHINGTEACHINGTEACHING!

ha -- i won't let you forget. *grins nastily*

i got my frelling syllabus done today. will check it over tomorrow to make sure i'm really ok with the shit i've set out for myself to do. (-; now i just need to make sure i can get a dvd player in my classrooms all term. kinda need one, to teach a movie and all.

and... all those handouts and crap i need to get done. *sighs* i can feel the stress building up already. *reminds self that at least its NOT salt anymore*

don't worry, my friend -- it's really cool being in charge of your own classroom. really. you're gonna rock.