hmmmmmmmmm.......: one is silver and the other gold

Sunday, May 10, 2009

one is silver and the other gold

so... you may ask... why am i blogging all of a sudden?

well... for a while i've been neglecting a lot of my friends and just spending all my time with a very few people. i'd like to re-establish the connections that i do make via the blog... i think there are at least four or five of you out there... which is a lot, considering that you are some of my favorite people.

and as most of you or all of you know, things have been kinda hard lately... i specially appreciate my friends right now. :) i'm grateful to you all for being there for me in different ways through this time. i hope i can always return the favor when you go through difficult times... i hope you all know that if you ever need me i'm here, even if we haven't been in touch recently - that's the V-guarantee, no expiration date ;) .

i'm also setting a goal of making more new friends in Chicago. for the last month i've been going to a support group for queer n crazy people like me, and i really, really like the folks there a lot, so that's good. and maybe i'll try attending a normal people's thing like a scrabble club or the "frontwalkers," queers who go for walks by the lake once a week, or something. so... yeah.

(speaking of queers, now that i've been fired, i'm trying to decide whether to come out to my students before the end of the year... but that's a whole nother post).

so yeah. just trying to get back on my feet again in all areas of my life... one foot in front of the other.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

good for you, girl. people, activities, just being out and moving in the world -- all great for the soul. i know from personal experience how hard it is to get out of bed some days when you're blue, so i am totally impressed with you for keeping moving.

much love from tucson!