hmmmmmmmmm.......: blogging

Friday, May 22, 2009

blogging

Ok, so I'm gonna try to cut down on the blogging.

I'm glad I've started up again, cuz even though I don't get comments here I've gotten email responses, and I love being in touch with people.

But, I don't want to slide into the potential mire of twitter, flickr, and blogging that could potentially swallow all job-search efforts without leaving a trace. It's happened before... you may remember the 285 posts in 2005, the year between 2004, when I finished my classes, and 2006, when I actually turned everything in and got my degree.

plus, i don't like how, when i'm blogging or tweeting a lot, everything that happens becomes potential blog or tweet fodder - so i start responding to the world by thinking "oh this'll be great on the blog, what am i gonna say exactly" instead of "wow this is so beautiful/startling/painful/funny/awful/cool."

So yeah. Gonna try to save it for weekends. Also gonna try to make a habit of checking everyone else's blog on weekends, so as to keep communication going both ways (so start fucking blogging again, Rie! March 31? are you kidding me?)(Joel darling you are exempt, I understand completely! But then you're not reading this for the same reason you aren't writing yours! i'll call you asap xoxo). Anyway. I will check.

But first............. my Star Trek review!

No comments: