hmmmmmmmmm.......

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Today feels more like a deficit in the self-care accounting. Self-care red ink. I hung out with aforementioned Larry, he of the frush-frama (the one who seems like he wants more from me, emotionally, than I'm able to give. Can't we just hang out and go to meditation? No, I don't want you to help me put up my shelves, write my lesson plans, or worry about me crossing the street or working with gang members. I can handle my life just fine. I don't want you insinuating yourself into every crevice. Gah! I tried to talk to him about it but it didn't go very well, because I had trouble being clear about what I wanted. So I did us both a disservice.

I wish it were easier to find and make new friends. Without frush-frama.

Remember that book I mentioned, "A Golden Age"? Well, it had a surprisingly horrifying ending that made me burst into hard tears and feel miserable. I know I shouldn't be surprised to find horror in a war book but this came at me sideways and was just awful. (Since you prolly won't ever read it, I'll spoil it - a woman hands over her true love to be tortured to death, to protect her son.... Aaagh!)

anyway. Glum now. "glum" is a great word, isn't it. Glum.

1 comment:

nadine said...

Is Larry someone whom you think will bring more plusses into your life than minusses? Don't spend too much time or emotion on the answer - try to evaluate objectively. If the answer is no then move on and don't waste any more time right now.

I know you have sunk some time and emotional cost into him already but if he is draining you then every new second isn't worth it. And you could be spending that time fruitfully on your own or with other people who do bring you joy.

Maybe later when you have built more reserves in yourself and your life, you can turn back and see if you guys are a better friendship match then. If you are meant to be friends, then it will happen in time.