hmmmmmmmmm.......: discipline

Friday, January 29, 2010

discipline

No longer doing the nightly checkins here - easier via email to Nadly - too boring here!

My meditation instructor recently reminded me (and it's now a post-it on my mirror) that discipline isn't, by definition, something cruel that hurts you. It's something that helps you, that you want... something you even enjoy.

This applies most centrally to meditation, which I'm still not doing. *sigh*

But it also applies to staying late at school to get all my work done before the next school day, which I also haven't been doing - I've just been going home and falling into bed. A little discipline wouldn't hurt. I stayed late today - just a couple of hours - but it feels good to know that I'm going into the next day better prepared and less harried.

It doesn't help that I've been so tired lately. Well, I've been sick and it keeps me up coughing. But I'm always tired... for a while now, whenever I sit down I fall asleep. I have a sleep study on Monday night (the kind where you sleep in a hospital with electrodes all over your head) to try to determine the reasons and see if I need a sleep apnea machine. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: