hmmmmmmmmm.......: women; dogs; Cesar Millan

Monday, August 03, 2009

women; dogs; Cesar Millan

Watercolor So... I was going to say, "why are women the way they are?" but my lovely Loopy hates rhetorical questions, so I'll just say, sometimes women are annoying. (Men can be annoying too, but this post isn't about them).

I passed many dog walkers on my lovely morning walk, which has become a habit - no, really a requirement - Mr. Pickles insists upon it, and drives us crazy all day without it. Anyway, the men had control of their dogs. And the women did not. I passed so many silly women pleading with their dogs not to bark at mine. Tugging ineffectively on leashes, seeming panicky, whining, "Fluffyyyy, c'mon now, c'mon, stop that now, now, you know better"... it infuriated me.

Stand up straight, tell your dog what you want, and make him/her do as you say.

I've been doing that with Mr. Pickles and I think it will make me a better teacher in the fall. Cesar (I always use his first name, as though we're buddies) teaches that the way to train a dog is to use exercise, discipline, and affection: in that order. If you give affection first the dog interprets it as weakness.

I've been practicing on my puppy and now I'm ready for humans. I hope.

1 comment:

miriam said...

: )

How'd the interview go?

I also love this post with your beautiful painting - I see in it
how we can be powerful and sexy all in one!