hmmmmmmmmm.......: more and more and more fireflies

Monday, July 03, 2006

more and more and more fireflies

they must be at their peak... there are so many out there, in the woods, that it's like a lightning storm or a stadium full of flashbulbs at a key moment in a sporting event (if lightning and flashbulbs were as sweetly meandering, lingering, faint, and lovely as fireflies).

I was in awe on my drive home tonight as they flickered along the roadside; when I got home, I even tried to take photos but (not surprisingly) that didn't go too well. Surprisingly enough, they do actually show up in the picture (and there's so much blinking going on out there that many show up in the picture)... but they just look like little pinpoints... not as lovely as the whole fireworks show (if fireworks were as sweetly meandering... you know).

*sigh.* As I've said before, I love fireflies. (Quote from the comments on the linked post: "The first sight of fireflies always arouses in me a sort of delighted enchantment with the universe. I never get used to them or find them ordinary. They're perfect.")

:-)

3 comments:

birdfarm said...

p.s. this just in... firefly eggs glow. Wow!!!!

Rebekah Ravenscroft-Scott said...

two things to love about birdfarm: she loves fireflies and she loves trains.

i remember when i said that i never wanted to see a train and not hear her say, "i love trains!"

it's nice to still think that.

xoxo,
sep

birdfarm said...

Knit wit, I think so too! I was wondering if I were imagining it.

You're so sweet, loveygirl. And yet I can't resist pointing out that what you actually said was something like, "Even though I just broke up with you, please still be my friend so that I can hear you say you love trains." :-)

But I'll believe that you were thinking to yourself what you say you said, seeing as how you un-broke-up with me several days later and the rest is history. :-) :-)

Oh, and I'm so so glad you still think that. I never want to drive past a horse or dog and not have you exclaim excitedly about what it's doing or thinking. I love you so much! Come home!!!

xoxoxo