hmmmmmmmmm.......: for the last time....

Thursday, August 25, 2005

for the last time....

...for a while anyway, I am currently...
1) sitting in a hotel lobby, unable to see our pile of bags--including my purse with passport and wallet inside--yet feeling completely confident that no mishap will befall them.
2) waiting for a taxi that will probably arrive precisely when promised
3) to go to a train that will probably depart precisely when promised (I would say definitely but there was a typhoon just a few hours ago, which adds maybe a 5% chance of non-punctuality)
3a) in full confidence that if the train is late, all train station employees will be extremely helpful and extremely apologetic (I wish I could trade Franklin some helpful train station employees for some sleazy lingerie catalogues)
4) sitting within a hundred yards of twenty-seven vending machines, seven noodle restaurants, and a hundred shops selling adorable little hello kitty tsotchkes.
5) fondly remembering my breakfast of fish, rice, unidentifiable dishes # 1, 2, and 3, and my plum-flavored toothpaste.

Ah, Japan.

2 comments:

Franklin said...

Here's to hoping the trip (which I am thinking is maybe still in progress) is going as smoothly as these things can go. I sure have enjoyed reading your dispatches from abroad.

Welcome home, dahlinks!

birdfarm said...

thanks for the comment! there'll be more dispatches regarding abroad, aka the adventures of two broads abroad (one broad and one broader), now that computer access will be easier (though my computer seems to have plonked in my absence... the helpful web geek forums inform us that this is easily fixed, but it involves a screwdriver so it will wait until morning). anyway thank you for commenting; I don't expect people to ooh and ah over every post, but the occasional chirp is nice, just to know you're still out there. ;-) and thanks for the welcome home! did you get the postcards?