hmmmmmmmmm.......: more medical drama

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

more medical drama

so Mom has decided that what's wrong is her gall bladder, but some of the symptoms and tests indicate it could be cancer in her kidneys.

she says "why waste your energy worrying about something before you know?"

that's my mom for you--plan out what emotions to have, then have them, no muss no fuss.

meanwhile I'm convinced that (a) it's kidney cancer, and (b) she's going to have surgery for it between May 5 and 18th, which would be the third time that a family member's surgery has pre-empted my traveling to Iran.

of course, I'm much more sad and worried about my Mom's health than the trip. but damn, that would piss me off.

2 comments:

goblinbox said...

So practical, that pre-planning for emotion. Of course, being a mom, she could just be trying to keep the rest of the family from worrying while she freaks out inside.

You must go to Iran! You have all the headgear already!

miriam said...

ugh, on all accounts, trip, mom, and more hospital time this could mean for you regardless of whenever whatever remedy surgery occurs.