hmmmmmmmmm.......: birthday extravaganza continues!!

Friday, February 23, 2007

birthday extravaganza continues!!

So Wednesday night we had dinner w Miri and Dylan - we shared the "All-American Feast," i.e., heaps o' meat bigger than your head, at Famous Dave's on Park Street. Mmmmm. Gotta love that Georgia chop pork..... second only to the oh-my-god ribs. And we all got extra corn muffins! It was heavenly.



And Thursday night it was a fancy-shmancy spread at Lombardino's w Shamus and Ang... Shamus sprang for some absolutely spectacular wine, which went wonderfully with our appetizers (calamari, cheese plate - w pine nut cake and scrumptious sweet preserves offsetting the cheeses, a spicy pizza, and some gorgonzola-stuffed dates on thin slices of some kind of salami-like thing sprinkled with spicy sprouts) as well as our "primi piatti" (R & Ang had orechiette in some kind of fabulous cream sauce; I had pasta with chilis and MINT - so different and refreshing! - and Shamus had pasta with braised short ribs). And then there was another course, but I'm totally blanking out on it... oh yeah.... I had chicken, two people had pork, and someone had a filet. It was sooo delightful I was in seventh heaven.

The only downer was that we had to go elsewhere for dessert b/c Lombardino's wouldn't let us cut our cake there! Ohhh, and what a cake it was.... "La Brioche," chocolaty chocolate with extra chocolate, which wsa just fabulous. (Loopy said she asked if there was a particularly good cake and the woman behind the counter was so emphatic about this one that it was almost scary).



Today my actual bday I'm spending in bed, stoned out of my gourd on valium & vicodin, trying to get my back pain under control (doctor's orders!). I don't care. I'm so blissed out...

Loopy got me several delightful presents including the entire box set of "Six Feet Under" (yes, Miri, you can borrow the last season!). Yay!!!!

I am definitely the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments: