hmmmmmmmmm.......: Help!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Help!



I am ripping my hair out over this. Yes, I know, it's 1 pm, I'm wasting my day. OK, this is it, I'm not doing anything else blogular today. But I wanted to put percent bars in my right-hand column, showing my progress on all the stuff I have to do, just to make myself feel better. And I can't get the damn thing to show up.

I need to go exercise. I'm clearly losing my mind.




As the "down at the bottom" votes mount up, are there any suggestions for fixing this problem? I've tried making both the columns and their contents narrower and narrower but it doesn't seem to help.

4 comments:

shakha said...

Didn't it used to be your job to fix stuff like this? What happened to your oh-so-marketable skills? I have no such skills, but for some reason I guess I assumed that people who did never lost them.

birdfarm said...

My first reaction to Shakha's impertinence was, of course, "fuck you, Shakha." :)

But on second thought, this comment reminds me how much better my life is now that I don't spend all day every day trying to fix stuff like this, with mean stupid people screaming at me because it isn't fixed yet. People unable to grasp such concepts as "troubleshooting," and "trial and error," and "if you're so fucking smart you fix it."

God, did that ever suck.

And those people are still suffering in their own little hell, while I have made my escape to--well, to a hell that I actually find interesting and sometimes fun.

So Shakha, you brightened my day--even though it probably wasn't intentional. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Nutty things also happen on my blog now and then and when they do I tend to "cheat" and look at the code on someone's site that's behaving properly. If you tool around on Blogger you can usually figure this out.

Not the greatest advice, sorry, but I can relate to your problem and it's how I usually tackle it. It's annoying, isn't it?

birdfarm said...

Hey Justagirl, thanks for your comment.

That's not cheating at all, that's how the pros fix things too. I've just been too lazy to deal with it.

The thing is it was working fine until recently and I didn't change anything!!! *whine* But yes, you're right, I should look around & see what I can see. Thanks for posting!