hmmmmmmmmm.......: flickr is cool...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

flickr is cool...

Among other pointless activities, I've been screwing around on Flickr today, posting comments on the photos of friends (i.e., Franklin) and strangers. There's a lot of cool stuff on there & it's organized creatively...I encourage you to check it out.

Among other things, there are some photos of the places we saw in Japan that are much better than my photos!

Here's one for Loopy... your friend the Big Buddha at night—just a few hours after we were there before dinner.



And, here's one of the lanterns at Kasuga Taisha that I tried (unsuccessfully) to photograph.



In fact, speaking of my lack of success with the lanterns, if you click through to the lantern photo, you'll see that I posted a comment asking how she got such a great photo.

The photographer actually went & looked at my photos and then posted a comment in response, with useful suggestions! How cool is that? This made me love Flickr.

I'm even considering upgrading to a pro account so I can upload zillions of photos (2 GB/month instead of 20MB!). It's only $24.95 per year... (of course, maybe I should get something accomplished in real life, first!)

Anyway, if you look at nothing else, just click through to this guy's "Green Set." I particularly like the page I linked to, with all the thumbnails (a few of which are shown below, hopefully without infringing on his copyright? anyone know?)...but the individual photos are amazing, too.



*sigh* gorgeous!

No comments: