hmmmmmmmmm.......: perhaps a better title...

Saturday, March 26, 2005

perhaps a better title...

...for this post would have been, "I'm giving up on [you-know-who]."

[this is a response to a post on "Getyourselfsomeboring"]

I see no reason for you to give up on love. In fact (although I haven't known you long enough nor do I have enough information about your past to make this statement) I would say that you haven't ever given love a chance.

I mean, how could love get into your life (that kind of love anyway) when the available space was occupied? ("occupy" being about the most active verb that could be used here, n'est-ce pas?)

I'm glad you're tired of always being the bigger person. "The bigger person" here means, "the person who puts up with a lot of shit she is WAY too wonderful to have to deal with." The other day I was contemplating a crazy scheme to get you a guy by placing a personal ad on your behalf. (Loopy's sobering commentary: "Statistically speaking, most people meet their partners through mutual friends or activities, not personal ads." Yeah yeah, you sociologists, such romantics). It would read something like this:

Our friend [that's you] is smart, beautiful, and sexy, and a talented cook. She'll cheer you up when you're down, listen to your troubles, and make you laugh--a lot, all the time. She is also one of the most loving, considerate, and thoughtful people you'll ever meet. So help us out here--we keep telling her that not all guys are like the self-absorbed shmuck who's been making her miserable. Help us prove it. Call her up, take her out, treat her right. You'll love every minute of it--guaranteed.


Now c'mon, read your own ad right there, and tell me that that girl doesn't deserve better. I'd say she is going to find someone to treat her right--maybe not now, but soon, and for the rest of her life. So please, give up on [you know who], the sooner the better--but don't give up altogether.

Oh, and let me know if you want me to run that ad...

1 comment:

Ang said...

I'm crying. You're too kind for words.

Thank you, V.