hmmmmmmmmm.......: pulling out

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

pulling out

No 6So I just wrote an email to cancel my candidacy for the Chinese job.

I'm terrified I did the wrong thing: I have no other prospects. I was awake half the night worrying that I did the wrong thing.

But I know I didn't. This job would be so painful...

Except that sometimes I think, no, I could have done it, and I shouldn't have let fear get in the way. The response to that is, it wasn't fear, it was good sense.

I struggle: every Disney movie says you should climb every mountain, fight impossible odds, tilt at windmills. My last two years say that doing so leads to failure and suicidal thoughts.

... agh...

Well, it's too late now. I had an interview this morning and there's no way I would have been ready for it. They required a lot of documentation and work. So... done.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Ang said...

Another reason to fucking hate The Sound of Music. You're not supposed to climb EVERY mountain, that's nuts.

Hang in there. Something good will turn up, for us all.

birdfarm said...

Thanks Ang. That helps. You rock. :-) xoxoxo

goblinbox said...

Saying no is just as important as saying yes.