hmmmmmmmmm.......: happy.....?

Saturday, July 18, 2009

happy.....?

autumn walkI've been feeling good the last couple days (course, before that, I was feeling awful, so ... but...)

I wonder if it's the exercise. For as long as I've been any kind of crazy, "they" (doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, well-meaning friends, wives - ok only one wife - and assorted random passers-by) have been suggesting that regular exercise would lift my mood. Maybe all those Mr. Pickles walks have helped.

Or yoga?

Or is this positive mood because of the collage I did? I did a collage - which, I'm learning, is better for me than journaling, which tends to make me spiral down into my own craziness - about our marriage. I expressed a lot of bottled-up emotion and sorted things out, figured out how I was feeling, how we were feeling, where we are right now...

Or maybe it's both... both of them helping me let go of things...

Mr. Pickles is lying contentedly near me, looking up at me. He's really a great dog.

If you think I'm over-analyzing the good mood, well... I just want to know what caused it so I can keep it going or get it back. Clinging? Yes, guilty.

If I were just meditating and doing art, my life would be, like, perfect.

Oh. Wait. There's that job search thing.

Amazing how my good moods correlate with NOT doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

2 comments:

goblinbox said...

Don't think about the happy. Just be the happy. *hug*

miriam said...

thanks for the reminder to exercise. you are right. it will help me, too!