hmmmmmmmmm.......: this sucks

Friday, July 20, 2007

this sucks

sigh. so the whole "hurry up n get certified" thing is dragging on and on. turns out i needed more paperwork. so i FedExed that. six harrowing days later, they confirmed that they had all my paperwork. that was two days ago. no word from anyone at all, other than that.

today i had another job fair (thought i'd better go since i don't seem to have a "bird in the hand" after all). i stood in line to talk to the guy from the Illinois State Board of Ed, who coincidentally was the same guy who had emailed me. he was very reassuring, said that all my paperwork looked to be in order and that they will most likely send my certification in the mail next week.

which is great except that i'm moving next week. *sigh*

then i went to the table of the school that has semi-tentatively-almost-offered to hire me. they seemed happy to see me but said they weren't sure they were going to have funding for my position after all. of course, i am now tortured by the worry that that is just a nice way of saying "we found someone else," or worse, "you have been emailing us constantly since we made the non-offer and now we think you're insane."

the rest of the job fair was ok; i only really got revved up at the end and made a smashingly good impression on the last few people. unfortunately or fortunately, the one who liked me the best works with a program to teach incarcerated minors between their arraignment and trial. so the student population is constantly changing. i don't mind the incarcerated part, it's the constant flux that i think would drive me nuts.

then i came back to our little apartment (which actually seems to be shrinking, the more i contemplate living here with 2 dogs) and everything in the bathroom is wet.

i just sorted my laundry this morning, intending to do it this afternoon, and so it was in two large heaps on the floor. now they are both wet.

so is everything on the shelves over the toilet.

the thing that proves that this isn't some kind of strange condensation event is that the hallway rug is also soaking wet and draped over the side of the bathtub, a state and location decidedly different from this morning when i left.

i call the maintenance man. he explains there was a leak upstairs and he came down to do damage control.

considering that he apparently mopped the floor and wiped off everything on the shelves and otherwise cleaned up all the water, i can't complain. but it does sorta bother me to have someone in here while i'm out...

especially since there was a giant dildo sitting on the sink.

let's just hope he did not have any opportunity to discover that it glows in the dark.

so anyway. then i realize i don't have quarters to do my laundry, so i go get some from my car, and when i get back, a guy is just putting his in. he promises to call me when he's done. great.

i was supposed to go back to WI tonight and i'm dreading the drive. i'm also dreading coming back here alone next week while Loopy stays in Msn for the closing etc. (we came up with this plan rather than boarding the dogs...now it sounds dumb to me... i just want my Loopyyyyyy!

oh, almost forgot another positive thing - i got my test scores back from a certification test I took in June, and I got 291/300 (that's good for those of you who dont' do math). so hey. it's not all bad.

1 comment:

TurnipToes said...

All I have to say is "Oh, my."