hmmmmmmmmm.......: too long gone

Friday, February 25, 2005

too long gone

i haven't visited Katy and Ang's blog in way too long (since February 9th, apparently, from what I remember reading before).

If you haven't either (which is unlikely since recent surveys point to the high probability that you are Ang) you should check out Katy's adorable vaction photos. Hey, Ang, post that story about patriarchy and soy milk.

Oh, and, Ang, quickening your vibrato? You're giving me shivers of delight, but I think you're talking about some singing thing.

Ah show tunes... I love many show tunes, especially (of course) the unbearably corny show tunes about impossible dreams etc., e.g. "do you hear the people sing" and "somewhere there's a place for us." (My corny friends & I started the crowd singing "to dream the impossible dream" when marching on washington for gay rights in 1993 (that was back when people only marched on Washington every other year or so, and marches merited the front covers of every major daily paper. now people march on washington every time they have a hangnail, or so it seems to me). uhhhhh.... Where was I?

I also like lots of other ridiculously corny show tunes like, well, of course, "sunrise, sunset," "memories" (cats) and "music of the night" from phantom of the opera (dahhhn... dun dun dun dun DUNNNNN.... dun dun dun dun DUNNNN, yes, I know it's incredibly trite) and actually I think I like every single song from les miz. Didn't like "cats" all that much otherwise tho. Probably the dumbest song I love--which I do actually have on my iPod at this minute (shh, don't tell anyone)--is "I know my heart will go on". I better stop before I'm a complete laughingstock...perhaps I'm just trying to create ersatz intimacy through shared confession?




Best show I saw in NY:
Bring in Da Noise, Bring in Da Funk.

(or as some white guy said at some cocktail party, "what's that show called, you know, 'bring in the sound, bring in the music?'"

Savion Glover (at right) is a god or at least a minor deity, as I think was mentioned in Ang's post too...



last comment: Ang, these kinds of things are so easily misinterpreted; maybe you wanna give the guy another chance? course I could be wrong, i'm just saying.

2 comments:

Ang said...

What kinds of things are easily misinterpreted? Give who another chance? I'm so confused!

birdfarm said...

I musta screwed up the link. I was referring to this post:

"This weekend I had a weird conversation with a friend. It was one of those conversations where the other person makes what he thinks is a completely benign statement that actually reveals how he thinks about you. Without dwelling on the details of my case: through a series of simple questions about my plans for the future, it came out that this friend just doesn't seem to care all that much if he ever sees me again.

This is upsetting to me. We're quite close; I consider him to be one of my best friends. I misjudged it, and it breaks my heart."