hmmmmmmmmm.......: sleeping (or at least emailing) with the enemy

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

sleeping (or at least emailing) with the enemy

the tough thing of course, about the train of thought in the four posts below, is that once we start blaming people, we wind up realizing that we are judging/blaming people we know well and love dearly.

it's not logical to judge in the abstract and not-judge in the particular.

Non-logical trains of thought:
"Investment bankers are the cogs in the machinery of imperialism that kills millions of people and destroys the planet; at the same time, my cousin is an investment banker and I am not going to judge his actions."
"Soldiers are the weapon responsible for killing; at the same time, I know lots of soldiers, including my Dad and another cousin, but I am not judging their actions."

...but maybe logic isn't the most important thing in the world?

No comments: