hmmmmmmmmm.......: i might have a different job.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

i might have a different job.

Day 3: Yazd - Old TownSo back to the school that I interviewed for on 9/2. Either they hired someone who didn't work out or... I guess they must have hired someone who didn't work out. Cuz today they called me and I have to go in tomorrow to teach a sample lesson.

Yow. There are a lot of good points about this school - history and English are taught together, by reading novels. That's perfect. Class sizes are small. Good. It's "second chance" kids who've already dropped out, been to jail, had children, whatever. Good and bad.

But this is what I sucked at, what I didn't want to do again.

R's voice in my head: "It's only a feeling." (that I'm going to suck again). All the other teachers who told me, "hang in there, it gets better," "I sucked until my third, fourth, fifth year."

I don't know... I guess I'll just try it and if it sucks again I'll just quit. I have a backup plan this time (subbing, tutoring). At least it won't be an exam-oriented school. Maybe that will make a huge difference. I think.

OK, gotta go work on that lesson plan.

No comments: