hmmmmmmmmm.......: huh what? oh... uh... wow...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

huh what? oh... uh... wow...

So, I was in the home stretch, furiously working on my portfolio, and sent an email to the professor who ultimately has to sign off on it, asking a question about the format.

His response: yeah, it's fine, I'm signing off on it.

Me: What?--no, I just had a question, I'm not done yet.

Him: Yes you are.

So very abruptly, in the middle of a random Wednesday morning, I found myself... done.

I mean, I still have some loose ends to tie up--I have to take an exam on Friday, and I will still finish the last bits & pieces of the portfolio, because (a) otherwise I would be worried about it, plus (b) it can be useful in the job search. And I have to submit applications for certification and licensing.

But essentially I'm done. I climbed out of the hole. I came to the light at the end of the tunnel.

Actually the most apt metaphor for how I feel, is that I've been in a very long tubular water slide, twisting and turning around and totally disoriented in this claustrophobic plastic tubular world of my own brain, and now I just unexpectedly popped out the bottom of the tube into the sunlight and landed in the pool, and the wide world is all around me again with noise and laughter and splashing and now I'm really disoriented.

I have more to say about this but it'll have to be later. I just wanted to share the news. :-)

No comments: