hmmmmmmmmm.......: whew... London

Saturday, December 27, 2008

whew... London

I am falling behind - there are still two days to blog about from Germany that I didn't finish - but I'm jumping ahead anyway.

Honestly, I was getting really depressed being in Germany, for reasons I don't feel like dwelling upon here... but it's so great to be in London. We love our London friends. They have "good enjoyers" (one of the first things we did was go to a pond and feed ducks) and they are happy - they have a good marriage and satisfying jobs. And they're fun, funny, intellectually curious, thoughtful, smart, and did I mention fun? It's just such a pleasure to be with them. And their new house is soooooo adorable!

R & C 's cute new house! Complete with art by R and decor by both :-)

Rachel makes leftover Christmas turkey sandwiches :-)IMG_0090
Rachel's art :-) IMG_0103


Our afternoon adventures... visiting an old manor house (no pix inside, sorry!), feeding ducks on Hampstead Heath, and dinner at one of the oldest pubs in London (fish n chips, natch).

IMG_0108feeding the ducks...
Spaniards - one of the oldest pubs in LondonRachel & Chris; fish & chips; beer & vinegar.


Can't write more now, I'm too tired. But... just happy.

1 comment:

miriam said...

Good. I am glad to hear. When are you back?